1. I am thinking about the opportunity to attend something this week called “Books Alive”, sponsored by the county library and held at the community college. There are a dozen well-known authors offering workshops.
I have a dream to write a book … one day. The dream seems rather remote, I admit. However, it seems that hanging out with people who could be mentors and role models is a smart thing to do. Pondering this opportunity.
2. We actually attended a Super Bowl party last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. (Builderman is not normally much of party-goer.) When we were on the way, Builderman laughingly said “Shoot, I forgot my rifle.” He explained by saying that where the couple lives, we would probably see deer right behind their house at dusk. Sure enough, they were there at the edge of the woods with a big buck in the lead. I didn’t even have my camera.
3. Even more picture-worthy than the deer were the cakes our hostess made. They were worthy of Southern Living magazine. Low –cal too, I’m sure. Especially the chocolate almond Hershey bar cake.
4. I pulled out our tax stuff on Sat. Ugh. I used to procrastinate terribly and found out it only made the task worse. So I am starting this dreaded task. I wish I was more interested in investments and numbers. I can’t generate any enthusiasm in that department. My sister belonged to an investment club and my feeling is I’d rather stab myself with toothpicks than go to something like that. Now a book club… oh yeah.
5. Tomorrow is Squall Line time and it’s going to be a fun one! Imagine that. Thursdays are Personality IQ days for the next few weeks. I wish I could figure out how to put this personality test online. A worthy project. We’ll see.
My wish you for this week is that you find delight in the little things. And may audacious hope warm your heart and lift your mind.