Monday, February 23, 2009

Everyday Epiphanies

You've heard of paying it forward. You've heard of random acts of kindness. You've probably heard about the book Love Dare, made popular by the movie Fireproof.

I've been interested and intrigued by all of these but have fallen short of implementing consistent actions that embrace the intent of these honorable concepts. Then the idea of Everyday Epiphanies blossomed in my thoughts.

I now resolve to challenge myself to 40 days of showing love in an intentional and unexpected way to someone every single day. I realize I can learn so much if the plan is multiplied through my bloggy friends, so I invite you to join me for Everyday Epiphanies.

The goal is to show love in some small way, whether it be to a spouse, a neighbor, a child, a stranger… whoever you have opportunity to be a blessing to. It can be a note, a smile, a word of kindness; it doesn't have to cost more than a moment in time.

This Weds. Feb. 24th is the beginning of Lent. It matters not whether the church you attend formally commemorates Ash Wednesday and the time of reflection that leads up to Resurrection Sunday (mine doesn’t). I think the timing is perfect for this 40 day commitment.

Epiphany means “manifestation of the divine.” Will you join me in looking for simple ways to be a breath of hope and love in someone’s life?

I will post every Friday with my updates and give you opportunity to link up and tell what you are experiencing in this journey. Your post can be in whatever form inspires you; a diary, a story of one day’s epiphany or ideas for simple things to do for others. You can post anytime during the weekend, ideally sometime between Friday and Monday. This challenge will go to Easter Sunday, April 12th. Whether you participate for one day or 40 days, blog about it and link up!

I’ll figure out this week how to post the HTML code for the tag in case you’d like to put it on your blog and share the challenge. I’m excited to see what God will do through Everyday Epiphanies.

8 comments:

Merrie said...

What an inspired idea! I love it!!! Life can just take over so many times without being aware of what is going on. It is a great idea to intentionally live and love on others. I will join you!

Greg C said...

I love this idea. I may join in if that is ok. I do want to give something up but I want to also keep giving.

Heaven said...

This is an awesome idea! I would love to join you (I just hope I remember to come back)

Awhile back, I said I wouldn't follow any more blogs because I ended up following out of obligation and ended up with tons of blogs to keep up on. I will have to start keeping a notebook by my computer of blogs I like so I am reminded to come back:)

(It's nice to meet you too!)

Blessings! Heaven

Kelly said...

I am currently doing "40 days of Love" with my bible study. This fits right in!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Very inspiring. I hope to join. Please remind me.

Edie said...

This sounds like a great idea Beverly. I will try to join in too.

There is no gadget for the code you want. I will be glad to create it for you. (My first Epiphany in this venture. LOL!) I would have offered anyway and I don't plan on posting about it. :)

Email me please. edie7777(at)tx(dot)rr(dot)com

sara said...

i like this idea!

Ms D said...

Just wanted to say that I chose your blog this week to feature on my blog! Hope that is ok! Love your blog and its inspiration, thanks!
Kim
www.shopwithmemama.com