Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To Love Extravagantly

Love is the most powerful force on the face of the earth. It can heal, forgive, restore, overcome, repair, compensate, fortify and fulfill. Today is our 30th wedding anniversary. I stand in awe at the wonders of it all.

In a toast at the wedding of her brother on Sunday, Uncommon Blonde said, “This weekend our parents celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary, and in doing so give to us a legacy of commitment. “

I am so grateful that the grace of God has covered all of my weakness and failure and filled me with all the fullness of God, so that I can give away what isn’t even mine. I am truly blessed as I say, “Look what the Lord has done.”

2 comments:

Merrie said...

Congratulatios! God is good and His faithfulness is AWESOME! How wonderful that your daughter knows what she has been given.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I can't believe I forgot to call you on your actual anniversary. Maybe my toast makes up for it? lol