Friday, September 26, 2008

Quirky is the New Normal

When I celebrated my 100th blog post last week, I considered a list... uncommon things about me or some such thing. But 100? Forget it. Last week, in leaving a comment regarding my quirks, I laughed because at first I couldn't think of any. Then I realized I have alot.

Some of my Quirks:

1. I RARELY sit still to watch a movie all the way through at home. I love to go to the theater (though I don’t do it much) or else I watch a rented DVD in parts. Oddly enough, I can sit still to read for hours on end. Maybe the brain is engaged more in reading? Sounds good to me.

2. I can’t stand the feel of hair products in my hair. I would rather have messy hair than feel hairspray, mousse, etc. in my hair.

3. I won’t put bumper stickers on my car. I abhor the window decals that say “In Loving Memory of so and so…” that are popular in this area. Sorry if that offends someone. These are my quirks and that is more information than I want sitting at a traffic light.

4. I get queasy to the point of fainting at the sight of blood. Or when I'm in pain. Or when I see someone else with blood on them or in pain. I have more stories regarding this quirk than I care to tell. Yet I did fine delivering three 9 and 1/2 pound babies naturally. Go figure.

5. I am happy to find justifications, rationalizations and explanations for almost anything, regardless of actual knowledge on the subject. And I can make it sound like I totally know what I’m talking about. If my cousin didn’t already hold the title, “Queen Bullsheeta”, that could be my nickname.

I would find it interesting to get Builderman to list my quirks. I suspect he could come up with a long list! But this is not his blog so this is my list. What about you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I totally agree with #3 and #4. One of these days I'll post my own list of quirks - there are so many to choose from!

Merrie said...

I'm the same way with movies - tv programs. Unless I have something to keep me busy, like holding a baby or crocheting - I don't sit. I can iron or fold clothes, cook, etc... to watch tv. I can't go to movies because I can't do any of those things at the movie ;)

My favorite place to read/study is in the bed. I can't lie down for it, I have to sit up and spread everything all around me. I have done this since I was a little girl - even though my parents may question the study part.

Kelly said...

I love "Queen Bullsheeta"! LOL!!

Your quirks are too quirky. I agree that our spouses could really list some!

I, of course, am quirk free. (NOT!)