Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm a Music Magnet

I'm a musician... so I am more than thrilled that I won a new CD by Ayiesha Woods from Dawn's blog. I saw the good news when I got online early this morning and when your day is already made at 7 AM, it's a great day! I had tried to win the CD at Antique Mommy's and didn't, so when she clued us in that her friend that went with her to the PhotoShop Conference was giving one too, I jumped. I am so amazed by both of these women. And I really would love to go to that conference.

I am only artistic in the musical realm. My ability to take photos, draw, paint, sew, etc. are zilch.
I've never figured that out. But in the last few years, I've noticed that I have potential with the artistic side of web design. But I have to learn alot first. I am setting a goal right now to change my blog look by Oct. 31st. Hold me accountable, okay?

7 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

You've been winning a lot of stuff lately - congrats!

Kelly said...

I'll be waiting - Oct 31st it is.

Congrats on the win!

Kelly said...

Thank you for your amazing comment on my blog. You made my day! Truly. Thank you. Encouragement means alot.

Appreciating your blog & your friendship!

My ADHD Me said...

Hi. Glad you stopped by and said hello. I did a quick scan of your blog and can tell we are going to get along just fine.

1. Sarah Palin-Yes

2. Mary Poppins and a Spoon Full of Sugar-I Love Julie Andrews.

3. Sound of Music-well, as you can tell if you have been reading my posts, I'm quite often referring to musicals and the Sound of Music is one of the best--again, Julie Andrews-amazing Talent!

4. Your son is a firefighter, EMT--It's a brotherhood...No matter where you go, you are always welcome in any firehouse in the country. It gets in your blood and once it's there, there's no stopping it. I absolutely Love it.

5. You read Chatty Kelly's blog...just in case you haven't figured it out, she's my sister.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Gwendolyn said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! And congratulations on the CD...I keep entering those contests, but so far, no luck. Maybe someday! I need me some new music! LOL

My ADHD Me said...

Keep praying for your sister. I always "knew" Christ, but only through Kelly did I learn to "KNOW" Christ. In other words, I said my prayers, went to church (occasionally) and considered myself a Christian.

Also, yes, Kelly and I are close but there were those years in the past...ouch.....she was SO tenderhearted and I refused to allow myself to feel anything that required emotions. (still struggle with that one today...however, although I don't like to feel things, I can't stand it if someone else's feelings get hurt) I wasn't exactly the sweetest older sister in the world----I probably wasn't even in second place :)

My ADHD Me said...

Oh yeah (ok, now I'm being a pest) You said your sister and you are different as night and day...That IS DEFINITELY Chatty Kelly and I.
Example:
We were both supposed to be in the big yearly parade. (It ended up getting cancelled because of the DC Sniper).
Anyway, we were both going to be in it.
She was going to be sitting on top of a convertible in an evening gown wearing her Ambassidor of Easter Seals Sash and I was going to be in full gear riding on the fire truck. (night and day!)