Monday, September 22, 2008

Cheerios are Donut Seeds

And I’d like to spend a $200 bill in your store too.

Builderman’s favorite TV show is Cops. I can’t say that I love it, though I find the intelligence level of most of the people on the show sadly amusing. Most of those guys are so smart they probably think cheerios are donut seeds.

I was over having a 2nd Cup of Coffee and Linda spoke about finding her car window shot out on Saturday morning.

It reminded me of a recent episode in my own neighborhood. I thought it odd when I was wogging early one morning to see an old pickup truck halfway in a neighbor’s pond with the door open. Shortly thereafter, a sheriff’s deputy on the road asked if the truck looked familiar to me, as they were looking for the driver. This is the story we got the next day from another deputy: The perp broke into a neighbor’s truck and stole some stuff and on his way off the property, drove into the muck at the edge of the pond and got stuck. He left his cell phone in the truck. The next day he called the sheriff’s office to report his own truck stolen. When he gave the description of the truck, he was informed they had his truck and to please come on down. Which he did. Seems he didn’t remember where he had lost his truck the night before. Obviously he was on drugs throughout this episode.

Most of us don’t have to watch TV to find stories of dumb criminals. Antics of locals are usually quite enough, thank you.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I am always amazed at the stupidity of criminals! My husband LOVES cops, and I am subjected to it because of it.

A $200 indeed!

Edie said...

I don't watch television much at all but I do like Cops. Maybe because I have a dear friend who is a cop. It helps me to understand what he has to put up with on a regular basis... oh my goodness.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment. Feel free to join in on the RQ any day of the week, lots of people do. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Uncommon Blonde said...

Guess who else likes Cops? me! At least I know where I get it from. It always shocks people that I like it but I do - it's my dangerous side, lol

Merrie said...

Oh my goodness! I wonder if he also has Alzheimers! That is just too funny for words!