Friday, January 25, 2008

Transformation Should Be Ageless

I am putting together a senior page for our youngest. It’s startling how the last 17 years seem more like 5 years.

When I look at the metamorphosis of my baby into a young woman, I think, “Have I changed in a measurable way too?” I hope so. I know that the growth and development of a baby from birth to age 2 is astonishing. The abilities of a 4 yr. old have far more than doubled what a 2 yr. old can do. Then from 4 to 8 is another giant leap. 8 to 16 is breathtaking and gut-wrenching. 16 to 32 are also marked with major milestones in learning, decision-making and maturity. Then what happens? Some people just stop. I never want to stop growing. Even when I’m gone from this earth, I will be transformed from glory unto glory! Wow- this motivates me to want to live in that reality NOW! Age-defying thinking… that’s what’s on my mind today. This is just another beginning for me too! That will be my focus… please remind me of that when I get sad.


4 comments:

Sissy Hand said...

I am so excited about Diana's new journey in life, she has grown into a lovely lady inside and out. Mom and I were so pleased to have been a part of her life when she was younger. Mother loved her so, and I know she is looking down at "her Diana" smiling.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, I can so relate to this. I have sent two off to college and our baby is 15. I knew they were going to grow up, but I didn't really KNOW they were going to grow up, ya know what I mean?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, and she is a lovely young lady. Beautiful smile!

Uncommon Blonde said...

Awww! I can't believe how fast time goes by