Monday, January 28, 2008

The Waiting Room – Just Smile

Does anyone like waiting rooms? I don’t. Especially when it’s one you sit in for weeks… or months. That place where you are waiting for the next job/career opportunity to open up, or waiting for the college acceptance letter, or worse, waiting for something that is undefined. That place of knowing there is change coming but you don’t’ know what or how. It seems like most of my family is in the waiting room right now. I know what to say to them… “Be of good courage and have faith that God is working out His plan in His time”. Sounds good. Words are fine but I want ACTION and I want it now! Now I’ve said it. I am an action girl. This “Be still and Know” stuff is agonizing for me. Brings to mind the mess that Sara made in trying to hurry along the promised child and now she's responsible for bringing forth Ishmael. Wow- what a mess! So maybe I blogged out my frustration and can be more patient now. Sara didn’t having blogging as an outlet, poor dear. Light bulb! I can sing while I wait. And I can smile – smiling’s my favorite! (True for both Buddy the Elf and me) There, I really feel better now. I have to sit in a doctor’s waiting room this afternoon. I can practice smiling while I’m there. Elf therapy. If you need some smiling today, Click Here.

4 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

I def needed Elf therapy today. Thanks for reminding me that smiling's my favorite.

The waiting room is the perfect description of where everyone is right now. I'm with you though, enough is enough. I'm ready to find out what's inside!

Merrie said...

That is the best description I've heard in a LONG time! The waiting room... that is where I am. I know God is moving and teaching and testing... I'm in the waiting mode.
Thanks for reminding me that I can at least smile while I'm waiting. it makes it much more pleasant for me and those around me.
Thanks for stopping by my blog... We are in agreement on candidates. I was so hoping that Thompson would continue. I have faith that God is in control and He will take care of us.
Blessings!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Yeah... I know about the waiting room! I can't believe you quoted Buddy about smiling. That's one of my favorite lines ever.

Anonymous said...

I somehow missed this post. I guess maybe while I was in DC. I'm sure you can guess that I'm an action girl as well.

The story of Martha and Mary used to actually irritate me a little bit every time I would read it. I know that sounds stupid, but it's the truth. The older I get the more I get it, but it's hard.

Happy Waiting!