Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stranger Than Fiction – Look Out For Falling Iguanas

I am often appalled when reading the newspaper. Now I have to report on a horrifying occurrence in Key Biscayne, Florida this week. There were iguanas falling from the trees. I mean BIG iguanas. Now for those of you who like reptiles, perhaps you want to schedule a visit to Key Biscayne. However, that locale is now on my list of places to never visit. I like Florida a lot, but that spot will be a blot on my map. Here’s the stranger than fiction story as reported in the Panama City News Herald on January 5, 2008: “How cold was it in South Florida this week? Cold enough to cause iguanas to drop out of trees on Key Biscayne. The cold blooded reptiles go into a deep sleep when the temperature falls into the 40’s. Experts say their bodies basically shut off and they lose their grip on the tree. The reptiles perk up when the temperature rises.”

You’ve got to be kidding. What a nightmare. Trouble in paradise for sure. I just had to share that. You can laugh or cringe – your choice. I actually did both.

No comments: