Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday's Epiphanies

I can’t think of anyone that exemplifies love in action better than Mother Teresa. What a legacy she left! Everyday Epiphanies is about putting the focus on others, so today I’m going to let others say it.

We can do no great things, only small things with great love.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
~Mother Teresa

And pertaining to yesterday’s post:
There is no better exercise for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
~ John Andrew Holmes

You can be a part of the journey if you’d like to link one of your posts that speaks of lessons learned or ideas on reaching out.

2 comments:

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

I've always been so inspired by Mother Teresa! I remember once someone told her he wouldn't do what she did for a million dollars. And she said, "Well, I wouldn't do it for a million dollars either. But I'll do it for Jesus." Amen!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Hi, I'm sorry I missed this one on Friday, but I'm right there with you in honouring Mother Teresa's beautiful legacy of walking in the Royal Law of Love.

And, m'dear, you've highlighted my absolute favourite quote of hers. I've used it for years over and over as my own personal reminder of priorities and focus: Never worry about numbers, help one person at a time, and start with the person nearest you.

Guess we must be kindred spirits -- I hope one day we'll be able to dance in a field of daffodils together!