Here's a great list that makes me feel free. · Because you shouldn't have to look at your blog like it's a treadmill.
· Because it's okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine.
· Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing.
· Because sometimes less is more.
· Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
· Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be "bloggable".
· Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won't be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .
Now that you are free from obligation, I have a question that popped up while I was reading someone's blog housekeeping rules. (Blech- I don't like housework much.)
Computers crash and I'm certain blogs have been lost. I've never backed anything up from my blog. I wouldn't want all of it but there would be regrets if I lost it all. Do you back up your blog? If so, how do you do it?