Saturday, March 7, 2009

Keeping it Simple – Saturday Stirrings

I’ve never liked making soup. Until I found the way to make delicious soup with just 3 ingredients. Really. The secret is Bear Creek Soup Mix. Just add water. I also add some fresh vegetables. I started with the Creamy Potato and we really liked it. It’s sheer magic how a dried soup mix can be so creamy and rich.

We went to a Super Bowl party where the hostess offered 4 different kinds of soup. I was impressed, but she laughed and confessed they were from Bear Creek soup mix. My favorite that night was Broccoli Cheddar and I’ve made it several times since. It’s not as fattening as it sounds. One cup has 170 calories, 7 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber. That’s just 4 weight watcher points and it’s filling. Granted, that doesn't compete with Carol's ZERO point soup! Go on over to Saturday Stirrings for the recipe.

8 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

Anytime I find a creamy soup that has it's worth a try!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I have been enjoying looking around yours as well. I'll be back!

Melanie said...

I will have to try this for a quick soup.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Anonymous said...

This IS good stuff. I have used the Bear Creek potato soup mix and it is great!

Uncommon Blonde said...

Mmmm! I hope they have this at my grocery store. Sounds much easier than some of the soups I've been trying out.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I love broccoli and cheddar soup!♥
I've never tried this as I've always made my own. I might have to give it a try!

My ADHD Me said...

I love soup. I'll be looking for this at the grocery store.

hhmmmm... all of the sudden I'm hungry!

Shelly Wildman said...

I love that you add the Weight Watchers points to your description!! My hubby and I have been trying to use WW online for a few weeks, but alas, we've caved and haven't been doing very well lately. :(

Spring M Fricks said...

I have a friend who swears this is the best soup mix ever and I still haven't tried it. I will have to get it and try it out.

Thank you for the beautiful comment on my love letters. I will cherish that always.

Question - I know you are good with music so I'm wondering if you have any worship groups you would recommend. I am in desperate need of worship music.