Friday, February 29, 2008

The Eensy Weensy Spider

You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone. Yesterday morning our well quit working. I had tried to start laundry, needed a shower, the dishwasher was loaded and ready to go and zero pressure. No water.

Who ya gonna call? Builderman of course. He talked me through some basic things to check and nothing happened. He said he would come home in a few hours to determine what our next step should be. After doing the rest of the things he knew to do, he called the well company. The owner coached him to carefully look in the electrical housing of the tank and see if there could be a critter in the works. He said it happens a lot. He said a bug could deprive a whole house of water. Bingo. A spider had made a home in the electrical housing. Builderman showed me that this simple clean out could electrocute you, so this is not something for the inexperienced to stick their finger into. (The well man knows builderman is a licensed contractor – I’m sure he would not have advised the average customer to do this.) So something very simple could have cost us a lot. I was especially grateful for a warm shower when I got there.

I’ll refrain from going into a whole parable and just say I thought about how the little things can make a big difference.

2 comments:

Merrie said...

oh man! The little foxes and the mole hills and eensy weensy spiders... sure can mess up our lives!
So glad you have a man that can and will fix things! You are blessed beyond measure.

TransitionGirl said...

Spiders? A small spider? wow. That's so interesting. Just goes to show size really doesn't matter. :)

Oh, I'm TransitionGirl from http://www.mydesignstreak.com
Just wanna thank you for visiting my blog! :)