Saturday, March 1, 2008

Extraordinary Wives

I have a confession to make. I got my mad on this week. The good news is that I worked through it and two good things came out of it.

The first is I realized I still have a lot of work to do on a personality characteristic that needs to go. I don’t fight fair. Let me explain. I am a diplomat and I like everyone to be happy. However, this means that I tend to let things that bother me get repressed until one unfortunate day when someone (usually Builderman) pushes the button that flips the lid where all that stuff was stored. Mount Vesuvius erupts with dangerous repercussions as witnessed on my visit to Pompeii last summer. So in this unfair fighting technique, we’re dealing with today’s issue, plus all the other issues that gathered since the last eruption. The rule book on marriage says this is absolutely a crummy relationship strategy. I know that…and this week I was reminded to apply that which I know. I believe that is commonly referred to as wisdom.

The second thing I gained is a membership to the League of Extraordinary Wives.

Uncommon Blonde told me about Mrs. Fussypants and The Gentle Art of Ruling Your Husband. (What Your Momma Wishes She’d Known.)

This is a forum of women who are happily married and/or working on it. You can comment and participate in the forum if you join through the site mentioned above. It feels good to be a part of a sisterhood that is willing to bite the tongue bullet and commit to building a better marriage. A bit of laughter with the girls helped get me back on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isn't it crazy that we put on our best face for everyone else, but our poor husbands often get the wrath of everyone else's bad behavior?

i'm pretty sure we are rocket scientists. save the random person's feelings. crush your husband. good plan.

good thing there are two really good words for that. "i'm sorry."