I have enjoyed meeting some new women through participating in Jennifer's 7 Quick Takes. I like this way to summarize the week as well:
1. I attended a lovely Christmas party last night for the local Aglow women. It was amazing on a lot of levels. The presence of God, the love and unity, the amazing home we were in…. my heart is full.
2. After some really cold weeks, this week has been really warm and humid. The home I was in last night is right on St. Andrew’s Bay and has a glass wall that can be rolled open to the beautiful deck by the pool. There’s even a gas fireplace on the deck which they lit to take the slight chill off the night air. People commented, “It doesn’t feel like Christmas with this heat.” Yes it does.. it’s Christmas in Florida and that’s why people move here!
3. I was looking in my Bulk mail folder at yahoo for some mail I was expecting that may have been sorted to teh junk box. There were several “future” emails that had just come in dated Tuesday Dec. 23. Made me feel like I was in a time warp for a minute. Today is Friday Dec. 19th. How can I already have next Tuesday’s mail?? Weird.
4. I have gifts to wrap and even a few yet to buy but I am not at all stressed by that fact. It’s fun to be out at this time of year.
5. Our daughters are coming in tonight! I am so excited. Our son and daughter-in-law are going to be with her family on this first Christmas as a married couple, but they will be here on the 26th so I am thankful.
6. The spirit of love and unity at this time of year is a noticeable improvement over ordinary days. I was touched by Jennifer’s post titled What Child Is This? She writes from her perspective as a former atheist:
What child is this?
When I thought of the implications of the answer, I was stunned to see that it was not only the most important question I could be asking right now, but the most important question I could ever ask. I came to see that if this child was who the Christians said he was, the question of his identity was the only question that really matters.
And even though I've now found the answer, the song haunts me still, because the question it states leaves another one unspoken:
Am I living like I really believe the answer?
7. Speaking of children… I have an announcement!! I am going to be a grandmother!! How can this be at my young age? Ahem. My oldest daughter and her husband are expecting in July. Joy unspeakable, that’s what it is.