1. We get to have 2 Christmas celebrations this year (a new phenomenon for us). The first was special and wonderful. Our son and daughter-in-love will arrive tonight and tomorrow we’ll do ham instaed of turkey and have another memorable day. I am thankful for my family.
2. I bought “Dicecapades” that Sara had recommended as a family gift and we opened it on Christmas Eve. We spent the next several hours playing the game and laughing. Everyone enjoyed it. Good call, Sara!
3. I had been a little sad leading up to Christmas that we were scaling back and spending less in tune with the times. It actually didn’t even dent our joy in being together at Christmas. Perhaps we need to embrace this as a lasting lesson. (Remind me next Christmas!!)
4. I’ve said it before and I’ll live by it… the best things life aren’t things.
5. We’ll be busy on Monday moving Cupcake from the unsatisfactory apartment complex to a much safer place. That’s a post in itself – real testimony to answered prayer. You’ll hear more about.
6. I made the most beautiful pecan pie I’ve sever seen on Wednesday. I believe in miracles.
7. There’s a skinny girl who lives inside of me that’s trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.