Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday - Quick Takes

1. We get to have 2 Christmas celebrations this year (a new phenomenon for us). The first was special and wonderful. Our son and daughter-in-love will arrive tonight and tomorrow we’ll do ham instaed of turkey and have another memorable day. I am thankful for my family.

2. I bought “Dicecapades” that Sara had recommended as a family gift and we opened it on Christmas Eve. We spent the next several hours playing the game and laughing. Everyone enjoyed it. Good call, Sara!

3. I had been a little sad leading up to Christmas that we were scaling back and spending less in tune with the times. It actually didn’t even dent our joy in being together at Christmas. Perhaps we need to embrace this as a lasting lesson. (Remind me next Christmas!!)

4. I’ve said it before and I’ll live by it… the best things life aren’t things.

5. We’ll be busy on Monday moving Cupcake from the unsatisfactory apartment complex to a much safer place. That’s a post in itself – real testimony to answered prayer. You’ll hear more about.

6. I made the most beautiful pecan pie I’ve sever seen on Wednesday. I believe in miracles.

7. There’s a skinny girl who lives inside of me that’s trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.

5 comments:

sara said...

I am so glad you liked Dicecapades!! How was the trivia part for you? I thought it was hard!

The skinny girl inside me is yelling at me to go to the gym today......the coach potato is winning out!!!

Kelly said...

#7 - Me too! I am so full of Christmas goodies. And fat! Exercise starts soon...maybe after the new year. *wink*

My ADHD Me said...

Hi. I've missed reading all my friends blogs but got too caught up in the business of Christmas and forgot to slow down.
SO, now I am reintroducing myself.

HI! My name is MyADHDMe. LOVE YOUR BLOG!! :)
(Also love pecan pie!)

Merrie said...

What a fun time! I think I hear somewhere muffled inside someone screaming to be let out... I have much enjoyed all the Christmas goodies!

Yes... I do believe that grandmama's get much closer going through grandpregnacy. It is one of those wonderful bonding experiences!

Greg C said...

You cracked me up with this post when you spoke of the skinny girl. I have a similar person inside me and he keeps quiet if I feed him too. We cut back as well and the Joy of Christmas morning was still there. I am with you on the #5. And as far as #6, you have never had my pecan pie. :)