Monday, April 6, 2009
1. I’m looking forward to the Women Inspired Online Conference this week. The line-up of speakers and topics is impressive and the added bonus is that if the timing isn’t right –it will all be recorded and a ticket gives you access to what you miss or want to hear again.
2. I've been back on Weight Watchers for 2 weeks and I’ve lost ONE pound. I’ve also been faithful to the 30 x 5 challenge. Do you ever want to pout and say “NO FAIR!” ? I do. My hairdresser is about 30 years old and when I was in the other day, she had been on a diet for 10 days and lost 7 pounds. She was planning on another 10 days to lose the other 5 she had left. Was I EVER able to lose 12 pounds in 3 weeks? Probably. Did I appreciate that ability when I had it? Probably not.
3. Last night, one of the weather alerts we’ve become so accustomed to came across the bottom of the TV screen. In the last 10 days, it’s warned of tornado watches, hail and severe winds, flash floods and the like. Last night it said “Freeze Warning”. It was 74 degrees with 97% humidity outside! My husband and I just laughed. The station was a bit ahead of themselves. The freeze warning is supposed to be tonight. Spring weather keeps you on your toes. Our newly sprouted garden and small tomato plants are not going to be happy if Jack Frost pays one last visit. Oh well, they’ll live.
4. One small comfort in these economic times is that I just found out we don’t owe the IRS more money for our 2008 taxes. Please remind me when our incomes are up again that it’s okay to pay more taxes if you have more to spend. I’m so happy that our taxes are completed and will be filed on time. I’ve been known to procrastinate until August and that is excruciating. So can I have a pat on the back? I'd rather have a cookie. ; )
5. The road to the next level is always uphill. ~ John Maxwell