Friday, August 8, 2008

Too Hot to Handle

I have to admit, I’m not one to love exercise. Yes, it makes me feel better AFTER I do it. And yes, I usually discipline myself to do it because I have to. I have been trying to increase my exercise to an hour a day to facilitate my weight loss goals.

However, yesterday was bad. I didn’t eat breakfast because I kept thinking I was going to run early. Well, I didn’t get out the door until almost 10 AM, with 97% humidity and nearly 90 degree heat. To make matters worse, the demon dogs were out and to top it all off, there was a crew of prison inmates working on the road. I guess I got overheated or something, as I felt totally drained for hours. Really yucky, as a matter of fact.

I realized that something had to change, so this morning I was out the door by 7. The demon dogs were penned up and the prisoners were not working. It was only 87% humidity this morning with a cool 81 degrees. But I need a “Plan B’ for days when I can’t run. I want to buy a fun DVD that inspires me to exercise in the living room. Though I love group classes, the gym is simply too far for me to go and I won’t do it on a regular basis. Any DVD suggestions?

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Aren't they all demon dogs? lol I wish I had some suggestions but I'll check back to see what others say because I like good workout videos - TaeBo used to really work well for me

Kelly said...

If you're a runner, this may not be active enough for you, but I use Leslie Sansone walking videos. I lost 10 lbs in a month just by walking and using portion control. I love it.

But I am not coordinated or atheletic, so I don't run or use dancing aerobic tapes.