Thursday, August 7, 2008

Queen of Denial

When it comes to weight watching, I am the Queen of Denial.
I have been watching my weight creep up on the scale this year and decided my scales were broken. I quit going to weight watcher’s to weigh in because in January I had to pay for being over my goal weight and didn’t want to spend money on something unpleasant. Better to stay at home and stay in denial. But when all my pants got really tight I got worried. Then I went to a doctor’s appointment and guess what? My scales aren’t broken and my clothes didn’t shrink in the dryer.

So, I am back on weight watchers and seeing as I could teach the classes, I’m trying to do it on my own. I found this cool online points counter. I also found a weight ticker but I’m not posting that for all to see. I have been seriously following the points program for 2 weeks today and I’ve lost a grand 1.5 pounds. Sigh. Doesn’t seem enough for all the effort, but that’s the way it works for me. At least I’m going in the right direction after 8 months of denial.

In the meantime, I went shopping for Spanx to wear under my dress for the wedding later this month. My shoes are open-toed, my legs are tan and it’s in South Florida, so I’ve been told that it’s acceptable to not wear stockings. However, I want to keep everything smooth and tucked in. ; ) Kohl’s had zero salespeople in the store to help me find what I was looking for, so I left. They had lots of other brands available but I was overwhelmed by the choices and didn’t feel like trying on. If you don’t’ know what Spanx are, congratulations. If you do, can you tell me if it’s important to stick with the brand name? Can anybody make a suggestion?

Footnote: Would you believe I went to summer camp in North Carolina when I was in Jr. High with Pam Tillis who recorded Queen Of Denial? Really. Mel flew her in – we were all pretty impressed. She had quite a voice, even at 13. I still remember the song she taught me that she had written.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I do know what Spanx are, but haven't actually worn them. I think you get what you pay for. If you plan on wearing them one time, I'd get the knock-off brand. But if this is going to be a wardrobe staple, then I'd splurge on them.

Hang in there. Dieting is no fun, but the results are worth it.