Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Stirrings

This recipe was originally called "Mostaciolli" when I started making it, because it obviously called for mostaciolli noodles. I prefer making it with Tri-Color Rotini noodles, but we still call it "Mostaciolli". I decided to be creative and name it "Italian Twist" (though it will always be Mostaciolli at my house!). This has always been a favorite of my family, and a good casserole to take to other families since kids usually love it too.

Italian Twist

1 lb ground beef
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced green pepper
1 can Hunt’s Spaghetti sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes ( I use fresh if I can)

½ tsp oregano
8 oz Tri-color Rotini noodles
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Brown beef with onions and green pepper.
Add Spaghetti sauce, tomaotoes and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes while noodles cook.

Cook noodles according to directions and drain, then add to sauce mixture. Put in a casserole dish and then cheddar cheese and mozzarella on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.

I am enjoying the recipe recommendations from my bloggy friends. Carol at I Throw Like A Girl has the links every Saturday that got me started on trying new things. My family is loving it!

No comments: