Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Dundees See Florida

We enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July with our family. We went canoeing on the Econfina creek , which is actually really close to us. The water is cold (there are beautiful springs all along the way) and it is a wonderful place to spend a hot day. Builderman is Mr. Outdoorsman and was so inspired by the beauty we enjoyed on Friday that he spent Saturday planning a walkabout on the Florida Trail, which almost goes through our backyard. The girls and I went on walkabout at Pier Park while he packed his gear. (If you don’t recall that term - refer back to Crocodile Dundee). Monday, Cupcake and I set out to Tallahassee for college orientation and registration and dropped Builderman off at a spot on the Florida trail. He hiked 18 miles in 2 days with a 35 lb. pack on his back and thought that was fun. He knows better to ask me to go on that kind of trek. We have some tales!

There’s lots going on in our lives. It’s been hard to articulate some of it, but my goal is to be more consistent in posting!


1 comment:

Merrie said...

I'm not much of a "walkabout" person. I do love the outdoors. Am familiar with the area you are talking about. I miss the nice hot green south. I love where I am, but the memories of my childhood and my children's childhood draws my heart back south.