Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Up & Down & All Around

Observation: Strong emotions wear me out. I feel like I am on a major emotional roller coaster ride this week. It’s my baby’s graduation. I just returned home from the senior recognition ceremony. I had high energy for the last day in anticipation and now that it’s over, I’m exhausted. I’ve laughed and I’ve cried and now I think I’ll sleep. Oh - that comes after Friday’s official ceremony. We are going to take off and stay on the beach for a few days to celebrate rest and I am psyched about that.

Our church honored seniors on Sunday and the sermon really spoke to me. Pastor spoke on “New Beginnings” and their significance. I see this as a major new beginning for me… come August, it will be the first time in 27 years I am not directly responsible for the welfare of a child. Now that is something to ponder.

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, does my heart come right alongside yours in this. My baby is still at home, but tomorrow is the last day of her freshman year. And this morning, I had dress and tie the shoes of my 82 year old mom after she had a procedure done. There is a saying: "The days pass slowly, but the years pass quickly." I believe that; and I've written a draft of a post about it.

Sissy Hand said...

I cannot believe she is graduating! I am so excited for her. I received the picture and announcement and have her picture on my desk. Thank you for sending me one. If she ever needs anything while in town, I am a phone call away.

Anonymous said...

That has got to be an odd feeling. I'm sure you have lots on your plate to keep you busy and not thinking about it!

Just remember this . . . grandchildren are even better! (or so i've heard)