Monday, January 4, 2010

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

I decided there was no better way to start the New Year's posts than with Mary Poppins. I never finished the tale of our trip to New York so here it goes.

The Broadway version of Mary Poppins was breathtaking and enchanting. I sat on the edge of my seat in the beautiful and historical Amsterdam theater and loved every single minute of the show.
There's a song that is not in the move that captivated me called "Anything Can Happen if You Let It". I've decided that's my theme this year. Afterward, we went to Carnegie Deli for their legendary cheesecake and it did not disappoint. Yum.

Here are some of the events of our last 24 hours in the Big Apple...
We went to the top of the Empire State Building and it was clear and beautiful (and cold!)
We picked out jewelry in Tiffany's. ; ) I bought baby clothes in Bloomingdales and a sweet book in FAO Schwarz. Cupcake wanted to take a walk in Central Park and my feet were screaming, "noooooo" so we took the carriage instead.

I think you can tell we had SO MUCH FUN! New York at Christmastime made for a wild and crazy month but we want to make it an annual girl's trip. I need to get to work to save money for all the fun I like to have. Just remember....

Anything can happen if you let it!

6 comments:

Shelly Wildman said...

What a great trip! You are all so gorgeous sitting in that carriage. Sounds like a perfect tradition to me.

Mocha with Linda said...

What fun! I'd love to see the Mary Poppins production. My MIL saw it in Houston.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see Mary Poppins, too (though you should hear my snyposis of it after watching it one too many times) - I would love a girls' trip too, but that won't be happening with 5 sons. I have always wanted to go to NYC at Christmas Time, though. It looks like you had a very Merry Christmas Time Holiday!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see Mary Poppins, too (though you should hear my snyposis of it after watching it one too many times) - I would love a girls' trip too, but that won't be happening with 5 sons. I have always wanted to go to NYC at Christmas Time, though. It looks like you had a very Merry Christmas Time Holiday!

Fuschia said...

That whole trip is Crazy Wonderful!!!
Blessings to you in this New Year!

My ADHD Me said...

Wow. All that and Mary Poppins too!
You KNOW how much I love musicals!!

I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time!