Thursday, December 17, 2009

4 Fabulous Days

My face hurts from smiling. My feet hurt from walking miles and miles of city streets in boots. My heart is warm from treasured moments travelling with 2 of my beautiful daughters.

The sounds of a lonely sax playing Christmas carols from a doorway, the rush of holiday crowds, the ice skaters at Rockefeller Plaza, the amazing window displays at Macy’s and Saks and the love of family have contributed to submerging me in Christmas happiness.

I’ve been asked, “what was the best thing?” I can’t answer that, as it was ALL good. Planes even ran early – is that not a miracle??

My plan is to give you 4 Fabulous Days in 4 installments.… did I say 4 days in a row? no promises. : )
Day 1. Checked in to the Affinia Manhattan at noon. Hop on the subway and head to the southern point of Manhattan to work our way North.

Memorial wreaths placed at Baattery Park in memory of those who died in 9/11 and soldiers who've given thier lives for our country in the war against terrorism.




The fraternity of the Fire Department. We visited New York's finest and got t-shirts for our guys.

Ice Skaters at Bryant Park. We ate at a wonderful spot overlooking the ice rink & wandered through the boutiques.

TIMES SQUARE!
The ads in Times Square are BIG!
I had wanted to see these my first day (windows at Macy's) and we walked right by them on the way back to the hotel. Location was a key in choosing the hotel we did. It worked out well for us. And this was just the first day!! We made every moment count.

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Three gorgeous girls!;) Love the pictures, looks as if you had lots of fun.
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
xo
Zuzana

Ballerina Girl said...

Wow sounds wonderful so far! Can't wait to hear and see the rest!
Your daughter are gorgeous! You all look so happy and in the spirit :)

BG

sara said...

oh, I love NY!! So glad you had such a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about the other 3 days!

Reasons said...

Oh I am soooo jealous - I love it there! Have a wonderful christmas and thank you for your frienship xxx

Shelly Wildman said...

Looks like it was a wonderful trip. You and your daughters are absolutely gorgeous!!