Friday, June 20, 2008

So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore

That’s title causes a double-take doesn’t it? Especially here in the Bible belt. Actually, this book by Jake Colson has an unorthodox title but it is not subversive or negative at all. In fact, I thought it was an encouraging insight into what the “church” really is.

I’ve also recently read “The Shack” by William Young. This one doesn’t have an unorthodox title but it’s an unorthodox book. I really liked it. This is Christian fiction but I am going to recommend it to a particular non-Christian friend. Honestly, sometimes Christian fiction is just too sappy for me, but none of the books I’m posting about are in the sappy category.

A good beach read is the best love story I have read in a long time. "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers is amazing. You have to press through the beginning as it starts slow. But don’t quit - I almost did and I would have been sorry.

I have a list of books that I want to read that's 3 pages long from reading
Big Mama’s post asking for good beach reading a few weeks ago. I was impressed and astonished at the 226 comments that gave me a reading list for the next 5 years.

No comments: