Thursday, April 3, 2008

Moments in Time

My trip to Sarasota last weekend was filled with activity. A good time was had by all, but I am certain my sister deserved the most rest after our visit. I have always been awed by her artistic talent (especially since I didn’t get any of the same), but to see her in action in her photography business is a sight to behold. She did a photo shoot for me for my new website for Lifepoint. I will look forward to having that site up in the next month or so.

I have been visiting with other photographers through blogs, like upstart Uncommon Blonde and professional Heather Stewart and can attest that there is a lot more to taking pictures than point and shoot. My observation is that it not only takes an artistic eye and attention to detail, but add in technical savvy about camera settings, lighting and the ability to use photoshop like a magician. Throw in patience and the physical strength and endurance of a marathon runner and you have a tall order for success. I would sum up the power of photography with the quote by Cesare Pavese that says,
“We do not remember days, we remember moments.”
It is powerful that a photographer has the ability to capture those moments in windows that can be looked through again and again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Bev,
My 16 year old daughter loves to take pics and play around with the basic version of photoshop we have. I'm hoping she will really take it on as a hobby she can enjoy for a long time.

Heather said...

Thanks for the mention. Photography is more than I would have ever thought. Despite the work, it is sheer joy to talk to someone after they've seen their photos for the first time.

I especially love when mom's are happy to see their families perfectly imperfect, and are just fine with that. I think that's why I'll never be a traditional photographer. There's something about seeing that kid rolling his eyes or sticking out his tongue in the middle of a photo that is perfect!