Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Eagle School

I have been working overtime the past week with Cupcake on scholarship applications, essays, papers, and even lease agreements, so I haven’t had much left when it comes to blogging. Tonight she was finishing up an essay on passionate character building (what a concept!).

You know how you can look at something every day and not see it? There is a quote on the wall by my desk that I hadn’t actually read in awhile. Tonight we were looking for a quote on leadership and character and I didn’t have to look far.

"A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles…they don’t flock, you find them one at a time." - Author Unknown

It inspires me and it spoke to her. Why scratch with the turkeys when we can soar on eagle's wings? Upward and onward.

1 comment:

Uncommon Blonde said...

What a great quote! Onward and upward it is ...