Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Elixir of Relaxation

I’m one of those people that has trouble relaxing at home. There’s always a list of things to get done, and the fact that I work from home complicates being able to truly let it all go.

But Hilton Head Island on a 70 degree sunny day - relaxation is an inescapable gift. We had a grand last day of vacation. We went to the top of the lighthouse and strolled around the Harbour Town area. The person who developed this island in the 1950’s set a guideline that no building would be taller than the trees and all paint colors would be natural. The result is a very non-commercial feeling vacation spot that is truly a relaxing get-away.

We’re headed home today. I'm going home with a beautiful little tallow-berry wreath hand-made by an old woman in Charleston. Sweet.


5 comments:

Kelly said...

SO glad you got to relax! Have a great trip home!

Edie said...

Sounds like a very quaint, relaxing little spot. Have a safe trip home.

My ADHD Me said...

Oh that looks like fun!
I don't relax very well either (guess you knew that).
Maybe I need to run..er..opps... I mean GET away.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I still feel relaxed - it's a miracle!

Greg C said...

Well come back anytime but next time drop in and say hi. If you do come again, give me a little more notice and I can arrange a boat ride to Fort Sumpter. Free of course. I am glad you had a great time.