What a week it was. I was “disconnected” for the most part because of the presence of those nearest and dearest to my heart. Here are some of the highlights, blinking through my mind like directional lights leading to supreme joy….
1) Rosebud is speaking in understandable sentences at 16 months, which totally floors and entertains me.
2) Uncommon Blonde gave me a blog book of all my 2009 posts for my birthday and that was a really neat gift that keeps on giving for several reasons. It gave me fresh inspiration to keep on blogging, no matter what. I also was encouraged by Builderman who very rarely looks at my blog as he read through pages and pages of posts and commented on how much he enjoyed it.
3) With three adult children living out of town with diverse schedules, we all managed to convene on Friday for the full Thanksgiving festivities. We just changed the day since Luke was on duty at the fire station on Thursday and it worked just great.
4) We got our Christmas tree up on Thursday (usually decorating happens on Friday) and it was super fun to see Rosebud’s delight all weekend.
5) We usually shop on Sat. morning but we pulled that off on Wednesday and discovered that all the Black Friday sales were already posted and we didn’t fight any crowds. Who knew??
6) Sesame Street is teaching and entertaining another generation of children. Addison loves it and I do too! Did you know Elmo gets email now? So funny.
7) My hands are shriveled up from all the dishwater they swam in. I only made one new recipe that bombed (Butterscotch Cashew bars were nothing like the ones I’d tasted) but we had so much food that was no big deal. Here’s the fact of the day: Heat makes objects expand. So there you have it, I haven't gained weight, I'm just overheated!
I have to be honest and say I cried tonight with missing my children and the sweet, sweet kisses of Addison who says, “Nana, I wu wou.” My heart is at least two sizes bigger.