Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Battle is Not Yours

While dancing down the road this morning to some lively music (exercise has to be fun or I'm not in), I sang along to the words, "the battle is not yours, God said it's mine..."

I've been meditating on the life of David lately, the King who went down in history as a man after God's own heart. His fame began on a battlefield with his astonishment at the audacity of Goliath to mock the army of the Living God. He came along as a "nobody" and left the battlefield as a "somebody." Not because he thought he was tough stuff, but his faith was in a God who's tough stuff. He knew that if God's on your side, you're going to win.

Then it occurred to me that I'm in trouble if I enter any battle in my own strength. I don't need gizmos and widgets, degrees, endorsements or my own well thought-out justification. What I need is the presence of God. Only then is the outcome certain.

Selah.

2 comments:

FancyHorse said...

Amen, sister!

Julie said...

And I give that another AMEN! We serve a living GOD who desires for us to be successful in all things! He is FOR us and NOT against us! Praise Be!