Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Friends

I met Shelly of Chicago a couple of years ago when she helped me with ideas for a trip we were planning. We share a love for travel, food, Jesus and blogging, for starters. She's started a Friday Favorite Food meme and I decided it's the perfect time to point you in the direction of Amanda's new WTFrills Blog. She is an amazing cook. Simply amazing. For recipes, themed party ideas, crafts and endless creativity, she's the go-to girl.

To digress from food for a sec, I have a confession. Some days I'm told I'm brilliant. And that's good to hear because other days I'm exceptionally slow. For example, Shelly's blog is called Life on the Wild Side. That puzzled me for years with it's incongruence to her quiet nature and distinctly not wild lifestyle. JUST last month I realized her last name is Wildman. Ding! That's the Wild side of her! And then there's Amanda's "WTFrills". I saw her recently and said, "Do tell what the WT stands for!" With the Frills. Duh.

Just knock me in the head- I'll be okay.

Since everybody is watching football these days, I'm sharing this fabulous Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe that Uncommon Blonde served recently when I was there. Oh. My. Goodness.
This came from Amanda's keyboard, to Uncommon Blonde's kitchen, to my hips. These calories come under the category of "worth every bite."

Spinach Artichoke Dip
2 pkgs. frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered, drained
1 small carton heavy whipping cream
1 pkg. shredded parmesan cheese
1 pkg. shredded monterey jack cheese
1 pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
garlic powder to taste
tortilla chips for dipping

Add all ingredients (less chips) in a crock pot and heat thoroughly. Serve with chips and enjoy!


Be sure to do something this weekend just because you want to. Not because you have to.

1 comment:

Housewives said...

YAY!! Thank you Beverly!! That dip is devilish! :)