Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Real Deal on Books

First, I have an apology to make. I titled my last post, “My New Book”, mostly in jest because I feel like I’m in the process of writing several books with wildly varying themes. A little here, a little there, line upon line… but only by the grace of God will any of them ever get published. Since God’s grace is lavish towards me, you just may see an announcement sooner than you think about “my new book” and next time, I won’t be kidding. Okay?
On the other hand, I have a friend that’s the real “go to” person for both book reviews and book give-aways. She is giving away TEN – that’s 10! – books to celebrate her 1000th blog post. Wow. Go visit Mocha With Linda and get in on the fun.

In other news, I have been spending my evenings in the garden and my late afternoons cooking. The bounty of fresh corn, green beans, squash, tomatoes, peppers and potatoes is amazing. I’m bartering for watermelon and blueberries with eggs so we are eating like kings. No – I guess we’re eating like Daniel right now.

Surely I’ll have a meaty post soon, but in the meantime, come back for the latest pictures of Miss A, the grandbaby who will be ONE in a month!! She gets cuter by the day, if that’s possible and I know you’re just dying to see photos so I will oblige you….soon.

1 comment:

Shelly Wildman said...

Oh how I love the fresh foods this season. Mmmmm! Can't wait to see those photos!