Friday, August 13, 2010

The Ice Cream of Our Learning

“If you’re like me, you’ll jump at the chance to bypass all the churning and scoop the cream right off the top. And that’s what quotes are…the cream of our learning.” ~Zig Ziglar

I’ve made a hobby of collecting quotes since I was in high school. With the rise of Social Media, I feel like a glutton at an endless buffet table – it can be distracting. I grab them and horde them and sometimes I feel like a walking book. I guess there’s worse things.
Since, it's Friday, I feel like having an ice cream party of words, so enjoy some of these flavor bites with me:

Even if you're on the right track you'll get run over if you just sit there. ~Will Rogers
(filed under "motivation")
“He who walks in the middle of the road gets hit from both sides.” -- George P. Schultz
(filed under "politics")
You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end, with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts ofyour current reality, whatever they might be." ~ Admiral James Stockdale
(filed under "contemplation")
God's will is not an itinerary, but an attitude. ~Andrew Dhuse
( filed under "faith")

“If you treat your wife like a thoroughbred, you'll never end up with a nag.” ~ Zig Ziglar
(filed under "marriage")
"My fashion sense is dictated by what doesn't itch. " ~Gilda Radnor
(filed under "humor")

As you enjoy your weekend, try something brand new along the way. I love to fill my life with “firsts”. The stimulation, wonder and delight tends to ignite passion! And you can quote me on that. (With nuts and cherries on top.)

No comments: